St. Mark’s Food Pantry serves needy and working folks who need a little help making ends meet.
Helpers: If any of these areas strike a chord, contact us [click here] and we’ll put you in contact with the person in charge of that part of the operation. In case you forget, these times are all on the church calendar [stmarksumchurch.org/calendar/], and the St. Mark’s app.
Patron: If you need the pantry’s assistance, all you have to do is show up! We distribute from Door 1 (the one with the big overhang), and we ask everyone to enter the parking lot and line up along the building facing US-224, so you can exit straight away after receiving your groceries. If you haven’t been to our pantry before, we’ll ask you to complete a card with basic information for everyone in your household (we don’t ask for any financial information, this is basic demographic info the food bank requests from us).
Depending on availability, each household typically receives one bag of canned goods & boxed food, and one small bag of frozen items. The food is all pre-bagged. We’ll verify you’re in our database, and load the groceries into your car and you’ll be on your way.
- 1st Tuesday of each month
- 3:00pm setup and some grocery bagging
- 4:45pm – 6:15pm Food service (lots of roles to play from paperwork to helping carry out groceries)
- 2nd Tuesday of each month
- 2pm Grocery shelving and bagging (about an hour)
- 3rd Tuesday of each month
- same as 1st Tuesday
- 4th Tuesday of each month
- 6:30pm Grocery shelving and bagging (about an hour)
- Any 5th Tuesdays are off-days unless something special is coming up like an extra holiday grocery delivery or something like that.